Chesapeake Music and Oxford Community Center Partner in Anderson Twins Concert
Chesapeake Music’s Jazz on the Chesapeake and Oxford Community Center partner for an end of year World Premier jazz concert featuring the Anderson Twins, with an ensemble of twenty musicians on the main stage. The concert is entitled Benny meets Artie with Strings, a celebration of the work of Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw. The show will be held at the Oxford Community Center, Saturday, December 1st from 7:30pm – 9:30pm.
Goodman and Shaw’s legacy reaches beyond jazz; both recorded classical and third-stream works, constantly pushing the boundaries of pop music while exemplifying perfection on the clarinet. Since their days in elementary school, the Anderson twins have been studying jazz clarinet and are now honing their own artistic voices performing in New York City and beyond. The brothers performed at the 2016 Monty Alexander Jazz Festival and are excited to return to the Eastern Shore with a bigger, more dynamic presentation to bring in the Holiday season.
Doors open at 7:00pm with cash bar available. Tickets are $50 for general admission; $250 for the VIP package which includes premium seating and a meet and greet with the Anderson Twins and ensemble. The VIP meet and greet includes an open bar and light hors d’oeuvres from 9:30pm – 10:30pm.
OCC offers a wide diversity of programs throughout the year thanks to the generous annual fund donors, attendees and sponsors. Chesapeake Music concerts offer the opportunity to travel the world through an incredible variety of music with internationally-acclaimed artists’ right here on the Eastern Shore.
The Anderson Twins concert event is generously sponsored by Doc’s Sunset Grille and Campbell’s Boatyards. Programs at both organizations are funded in part by a grant from the Talbot County Arts Council with revenues provided by the Maryland State Arts Council with additional support from corporate and private benefactors.
Latest Jazz News
- A Musical Prelude to the Tenth Anniversary
- Jazz Festival Profile
- Monty Alexander Jazz Festival Spotlights High School Talent
- Spy Interview with Al Sikes about the MAJF
- Lady Sings the Blues
- Free Community Concert to Feature Piano Virtuoso
- A Salute to Getz
- The Ninth Annual Monty Alexander Jazz Festival
- Jazz Impressions of Wonderful Melodies
- Modern Warrior Live – Explosive! Tender! Compelling!
- A Soldier’s Return to Civilian Life: Modern Warrior Live to debut in Easton
- Veterans Misperceived by Howard Freedlander
- Jazz Review: The 2017 Monty Alexander Festival by John Malin
- Breaking News: Dee and Allan Return!
- Brunch, Cocktails, and Jazz at the Monty Alexander Jazz Festival
Jazz on the Chesapeake is a program
of Chesapeake Music.
Thank you for your sponsorship.