Enjoy Valentine’s Day 2019 with Jazz on the Chesapeake
Featuring Camille Thurman and the Darrell Green Trio
Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 8:00pm
Academy Art Museum
106 South St, Easton, MD 21601
Ticket Price: $48
Refreshments served pre-concert at 7:35pm and during intermission
Downbeat Magazine called her a “rising star” singer with a “soulful inflection and remarkable, Fitzgerald-esque scat prowess” and All About Jazz said she is a “first class saxophonist that blows the proverbial roof off the place”.
Camille Thurman has been amazing audiences around the world with her impeccable sound, remarkable vocal virtuosity and captivating artistry. Many have compared her vocal abilities to Ella Fitzgerald and Betty Carter. And her lush, rich & warm sound on the tenor saxophone has led others to compare her to tenor greats Joe Henderson and Dexter Gordon.
Camille has performed at all the major Jazz concert venues and is currently touring with Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra. In 2015, Camille was a recipient of the Martin E. Segal Lincoln Center Award for Outstanding Young Artists and a runner up in the 2013 Sarah Vaughan International Vocal Competition. She was a two-time winner of the ASCAP Herb Alpert Young Jazz Composers Award.
Camille Thurman is recognized as one of the leading women musicians on the current jazz scene.
Latest Jazz News
- Spy Interview with Al Sikes and Joe Fischer
- Benny meets Artie with Strings
- A Musical Prelude to the Tenth Anniversary
- Jazz Festival Profile
- Monty Alexander Jazz Festival Spotlights High School Talent
- Spy Interview with Al Sikes about the MAJF
- Lady Sings the Blues
- Free Community Concert to Feature Piano Virtuoso
- A Salute to Getz
- The Ninth Annual Monty Alexander Jazz Festival
- Jazz Impressions of Wonderful Melodies
- Modern Warrior Live – Explosive! Tender! Compelling!
- A Soldier’s Return to Civilian Life: Modern Warrior Live to debut in Easton
- Veterans Misperceived by Howard Freedlander
- Jazz Review: The 2017 Monty Alexander Festival by John Malin
Jazz on the Chesapeake is a program
of Chesapeake Music.
Thank you for your sponsorship.